Author Topic: Co-education: Islam and the Baloch tradition  (Read 48985 times)

Offline saad baloch

• Junior Baask
Co-education: Islam and the Baloch tradition
« on: February 07, 2010, 12:57:07 AM »
Today I wanna kick start a new topic.
Recently there was some fuss over this topic on the Baloch media. Having scarcity of time, I won't dig into the detail, I would rather put up the question for the debate that I want to trig. Is co-education in clash with the Islamic teaching and the Baloch traditions? Please do share your coherent and intellectually driven views over this topic.  

shome_baaz_minnatvaran

Offline Judghal

• New Baask
Re: Co-education: Islam and the Baloch tradition
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 10:49:47 PM »
  wajaen-braat o banoken-gohaar
It is really the Geneon topic and desire to be debated because when we are willing to be as educated as other nations are then as nation we should accept the realty that the women is an important member of family and the first institute of our children.
I don’t think that it is opposite of our culture or it’s not in our tradition but what about the religion I don’t think that there are such restrictions. I remember when we were part of nationalist student’s politics we never think of it that the days will come the baloch women our sisters mothers will rise their voice in such remote town like tump and other area of Makran but it happend.
People may have some reservations in begging we may have some social problems to accept it but the question is until when. I am working in the Gulf from where Islam born and where the tribes men buried their female born babies but now days the tribes still there and co education also going on.
May be some of my friends not agree with me but the can try to convenes me or I will try latter but keep it up.
thanks
 shome heyr loutouk

Offline Zarthost Baloch

• Junior Baask
  • Free Balochistan
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 11:03:08 PM »
 [pullen_salaam]

Very good topic saad jan & also agree with Judghal.

No wucking forries,There is nothing 2 do with religion on the way to Baloch Tradition everyone knows, that is not fairy tale in today's world as a baloch "Co-Education" is one of the competative shove.Everybody can do that whatever as a human being or baloch(having rights 2 do that) and there are no concequence behalf of that delight. allah_e_mayaar_o_baahoote
I think u guys judghal,s comments are enough abt that issue. baloch-raaj-e-tepaaki-loutouk
The Signature of God

Offline abbas baloch nusharwani

• New Baask
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 11:48:59 PM »
 [dousten_baaskan]                                                                                                            the topic is really debatable and our elders must guide us toward the right path in this case but personally i think its a need of time & one more thing i want to add as we all know the situation of BALOCH populated areas especially in pakistan and that all is because of illetracy & ignorance among the common people so its the time when we must come up in the field of education so all BALOCH students especially youngster must be positive regarding the co education because if this is misused it can lead us towards major loss wati raaj e heyr loutouk

Offline Almaas_Ali

• Junior Baask
  • Almaasa'n Bechakkas e.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 12:14:03 PM »
 [pullen_salaam]

It is said that necessity is the mother of invention. Regarding co-edution, it is worth mentioning that in many remote areas of Balochistan there are not enough schools. In many villages of Balochistan, boys and girls are studying in the same classrooms. That is only because there are no seperate schools for girls. In this case if we assume that co-education is against the Baloch values then all the girls getting education in those schools of remote areas will be deprived from eduction. ?????
regards
Almaas

Offline Mir Alihan

• Baask's Asset
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 02:58:12 PM »
A topic to not be bypassed...The word or the process of co-education is not bad and unacceptable as like other things or procedure/process of learning or education ,it is up to us that how we can deal it or understand it...We all are not mature and have not a vision of highness and depth.. In my point of view co-education must be accepted not as a desire or longing to be followed but it must be accepted as a challenge for us as we are in evolutionary process and it will be an stigma on us if we let the co-education does its job and we only be spectators to watch and use our sensual plus temporary happiness to be appeased.......I read all replies of our Baloch friends there is lack/want of logic and rationality...
Is education only name of co-education???? why not u accept it as a challenge to pass the tunnel and make the world to be known that we are civilized and cultured not by only following of co-education but through sustainable,durable and lasting results of positive , productive and good nature not of irrational and whimsical .........
Sex is a two edged-sword it can be productive or destructive for a society or nation.It is driving force and main them of many religions... sex or process of doing it must be productive and it would not disturb or destroy the main structure of the society or a nation,if we can control our senses and can pass each and every thing regarding it then we must follow any process of learning but when it   be the only and sole purpose of living and doing thing then  nothing would be suitable for us only destruction  and anarchy ....Maturity is must for co_education not longing for it only.........
????

Offline Humaira taj

• New Baask
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 04:40:06 PM »
salam, this is Humaira taj baloch.....
In today's world as 4 as my opinion is concern co.education system is not harmful for Baloch or Muslims and for Islam. Main problem is not co.education but our education system. our education system is very backward and it reflects and bring up colonial mentality because since Britishers have left subcontinent but our so called policy makers have not been able to left policies of their colonial masters.
I think Islam is not against to get education and knowledge, i m not a religious scholar or any ''Alima'' but i know and being a educated person i think with in our limit Islam and Baloch traditions give us permission to get education even it is in co.education system.. There must be check and balance and a proper and complete curriculum according to modern age and globalized world.
Thirdly it also provides self confidence to pupils specially female students that they can face every kind of challenges in their practical life.

Offline Almaas_Ali

• Junior Baask
  • Almaasa'n Bechakkas e.
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 04:58:26 PM »
Baloch Tiger:
Regarding any topic, everyone has his or her own opinion and nobody can impose his opinion on others. Only the Implementation of any new system is not a guarantee of bringing about a positive outcome. Alongwith the implementation, supervision is also required for a better result. When today's developed nations were in the process of developed also opposed it as we oppose it today.Let me explain co-education to you and everyone here:
Co-education is a system of educating boys and girls together. In ancient times, co-education was prevalent in Greece. Today, this system of education is there in almost all the countries of the world. It is economical. It generates a spirit of comradeship between boys and girls.

The problem of shortage of trained teachers can be dealt with by this system. Boys overcome their curiosity and girls, their shyness. They learn to respect one another. Though a few conservative people are against this system, their views do not hold ground. Co-education generates harmonious relationship, a sense of co-operation, and thus, helps in the progress of the nation.

In ancient times, co-education existed in Sparta in Greece. There was no discrimination between boys and girls. They studied and played together. Along with academic education, physical training was also given to both the sexes.

Plato, the Greek philosopher, believed that co-education helped in the development of personality of both men and women and created a feeling of comradeship among them. He felt that co-education was the only method to make both men and women useful members of society. Hence, in the west, the importance of co-education has been felt since ancient times.
As far as the arguments in favor of co-education are concerned, I believe that the strongest argument put forth by its proponents, who also have little knowledge about Islam, is the exhortation that Islam has extended to Muslims to allow their women into mosques and let them offer prayer in congregation if they want to. Why on earth should it not be allowed in schools and colleges then? To my mind, this seems to be the strongest of all arguments offered by them since, through this, they manipulate a religious directive in their own favor.
    A little deliberation here will reveal that there is a world of difference between the environment of a mosque and that of a school. In mosques, we indeed have an overwhelming feeling of the presence of the Almighty. Moreover, our intentions to visit and our concept regarding the sanctity of the mosque make a real difference in this respect. In spite of all this, Islam further enjoins certain etiquette to be observed by both Muslim men and women while they are in their Lord’s House. They are never allowed to intermingle freely or sit side by side. Ladies are directed to cover themselves properly and men have been directed to lower their gaze of which they become profoundly aware when they enter the sacred house. Is the situation with schools the same? Of course not. It is for this reason that co-education in schools and colleges must not be extrapolated on the basis of the permission given to women to attend mosques.
    As you have pointed out, the tremendous loss caused by co-education is moral degeneration. The students are completely exposed to the opposite sex. Curiosity plays its role well in this regard. The wrong ideals set by the media and the awful bombardment of immoral images and characters fill the space left out by the germs of curiosity implanted by Satan. This reality coupled with the fact that they are mostly devoid of the supervision of any true and sincere mentor at school in that their teachers themselves do not present their students with a role model of morality, cause the innocent students to fall prey to the deadly predator of sexual impurity.

Offline Mir Alihan

• Baask's Asset
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 05:37:45 PM »
Baloch Tiger:
Regarding any topic, everyone has his or her own opinion and nobody can impose his opinion on others.
Dear I never try to impose or thrust upon some one my point of view .As u said I have just put forward my views about the topic but there is a word which is called reality, I will never compromise that the reality would be slaughtered for the only  purpose of someone,s longing, caprice and whim...Dear Please do,nt be reactive always be constructive.... I am in favor of co-education but there must be some certain limits and  restrictions because there is no freedom without limits and obligation ,it is my duty or restriction upon me to not  injure you but it is your right or freedom to enjoy it.....
If our views are posted in/on the site it is better then copied from other places...You can take or copy then paste it here but not views only news... I know what is the connotation  of co-education,there is no need of lengthy and detailed  borrowed views....
do u think in Baloch areas, where co_education is prevailing,  have the best qualities of civilization???
Go to Shapuk, Heronok and other places where co-education has adopted for dearth of funds and facilities not for enjoyment,the morality is disappearing day by day because of not co-education but because of immaturity and irrationality of us.... A many married girls or women eloped with their so-called boy plus sex friends then who is responsible for this immoral activity , not co-education but we the Baluch who are passing through a evolutionary process of life...we must be mature and perfect to accept this system then no hue and cry but if it is taken for only blind following as other developed countries had adopted ,then there would be no other ignorant ONLY we all.!!!!!! Shome-kaster
????

Offline Wadareeg وداریگ

• Creative Baask
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 10:50:23 AM »
This topic has nothing to take with Balochi traditions or Islamic principles because as far as word education or awareness is concerned then both cant be bought, cannot be exchanged by any other substance.... are not for sale and are not available at shops of market.....

But to get education and awareness you need a clean and pure heart......
A lustful mind can never achieve education, he can get degree but the source of education is a kind soul and pure heart ..... willing to learn, willing to share and willing to serve as human, as creature and as owner of this world for peace, prosperity and betterment of people.....

So to me this topic has nothing to take with balochi traditions.... they were balochi women who served guests in absence of men at home .....

E|

Offline saadal

• Junior Baask
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 12:53:58 PM »
i hav my simple suggention not intellectulist,
co-education as aproblem being created by the co called state, may b such formal education is new in baloch land, before that we dnt hav such institutions whr our male and female both ablr to study.
but, we must c on the past what the baloch culture was and how it being change with the passage of time, in baloch culture females mostle welcomed guets in the absence of male guardian and we hav lot of examples in wars females participated and as well in agriculture, but after being a non scence part of this state, we r by force puting into a new sort of culture , where a hybrid form of islam, which is a mixture of many forms, of wahabi, jihadi, sufism etc, they r tring every imoral way,
at last i hav only my simple conclusion that, we not part of any decision, what ever do, they do.
we r just puppets, and followers and we never able to tell the world what we r and what r our own way of living and mentality, untill or unless we able to govern our own setup of self rule.
 baloch-raaj-e-tepaaki-loutouk

Offline Sorouz

• Semi Seniour Baask
  • Shap pa estaal wash ant, o gayaabaan pa....Baloch.
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 04:17:31 PM »
 salam-o-drout
       A good topic!
    I agree with brother Mir.Z.B Rind:
     "there must be some certain limits and  restrictions because there is no freedom without limits and obligation"
    as bieng a muslim and a baloch we have to follow our religion and culture and make a sorrouding that provide us modren education but in a constructive way for our youth....
          Shome-kaster
     Sorouz baloch

Offline Mir Alihan

• Baask's Asset
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 01:33:43 AM »
Dear Sorouz baloch thanks for seconding my point of view,but you clearly know,frankly, that I did not mention about the following of any religion , I am not a religious entity nor supporter of any religion in the existing world..as being Baluch we have to follow the acceptable principles of our culture not outdated /obsolete ones.
shomey kaster!!!
????

Offline Sorouz

• Semi Seniour Baask
  • Shap pa estaal wash ant, o gayaabaan pa....Baloch.
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 12:49:52 PM »
Madaadaaren waaja!
    Mir Z.B.Rind!
  Begend et ke ma co education e sara habara enten o mana shome pegr e babata sharr lagget o agan choush ham bogoshan goda radd nabit ke mani wati jend e pegr o hayaal e babata cha shome waja egan degar nahant!
    o harr gapp e ke tachk o raast ent aa paddar bit o diloun mannit et....man modaam sharr o raasten gappe mannougeran,o sharri o raastiya sopport kanan.
    bale shoma ke religion e sara gap aarth goda man e maaran ke begend et shoma mazhab e babata ham baaz zaan et bale chon eshiye mannouger et yak kojaam wadiya follow kanagahete ewad nazaanan..o loutan bezaana ke shome pegr ma mazhab e babata che ant?
    man zaana e ham yak dega discation e bit o dega sahaal e.aga bit man e babata jetaahen sarhaal e inshallah maan baask a janan ke sharriya gapp o traan bebet maan "mazhab o qomiat e taha park" e babata!
       shome kaster
   Sorouz baloch

Offline Mir Alihan

• Baask's Asset
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2010, 12:45:48 AM »
Banok Sorouz Baluch

Tai minat' a gere pa tachk o sharen paim o wada wati gapaan darshaan kanag' e waasta..Mana bebagsh k man nouksara tara dege rame' e morg' e zaantag...

shomey kaster
????